Soup Kitchen Volunteer Opportunity with Part of the Solution
Calling all alums in NYC! Join us for an afternoon of volunteering at lunch service with POTS (Part of the Solution). POTS is a 'one-stop shop' assisting individuals living in poverty on their journeys from crisis to stability and ultimately, self-sufficiency. This will be a great opportunity to meet and reconnect with Wellesley alums in the city while supporting a great cause.
The heart and soul of the organization provides hot, healthy meals, served to our guests’ tables in a bright, airy space that feels like a neighborhood café. Open 7 days a week from 12:30-3:30 PM, it’s a fun, fast-paced, interactive environment, feeding an average of 425 people every day. At lunch service you will:
· Plate food for our guests
· Bring plates and drinks to guests’ tables
· Clear dishes and wipe tables
· Wash dishes, pots and pans
· Clean-up, which includes sweeping, mopping, taking out the garbage, etc.
· If we receive a food delivery, volunteers help move boxes to storage areas
DATE: Saturday, March 4, 2017
TIME: 12:00 to 4 p.m.
LOCATION: Part of the Solution (POTS), between 197 & 198th Streets, 2759 Webster Ave., Bronx, NY